Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3, 2010

I am so excited about the trip. Today, I formalized the plans for trip. I didn't know that Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote about her life on the prairie which was in DeSmet South Dakota. Since I loved reading all of those books, we are going to stop in De Smet to check out her homestead. I think it will be pretty cool.
Then we will head to the badlands, Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Custer State Park. On the way home, I thought we would stop at Wounded Knee (Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee) where 300 Lakota people were massacred. I learned about all of that in high school and it is kind of strange to stand on the land when you read about it in a book. Somehow, standing on the land where it actually occurred makes it real.
I think that this will be a great long trip.
Our car is a Nissan Sentra and the date of departure is Tuesday, July 6
72 hours and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment