Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1 Traveling

Well we finally left at 9:45 this morning. It took us awhile to get ourselves together. Sometimes thinking about driving 1600 miles is a little overwhelming. I enjoyed the drive. It was long but it was nice. We traveled through PA, then managed to get through all of Ohio and we are now in Indiana. I drove 564 miles in 7 hours and we arrived at the hotel at 6:40. We finally ate and now it is 10:00 and it is time to hit the sack.
I loved Ohio, it wasn't what I expected. Flat and a lot of farm land. I can't believe that Ohio is all farmland and gorgeous. I always envisioned Ohio as a little dumpy and divey but boy was I wrong.
Indiana is pretty nice so far. I am only like 10 miles inside the state line. We are about 150 miles from Chicago. We are hoping to get to maybe Iowa by tomorrow. I would like to stop a few minutes in Chicago, we will see what happens. It is a little coolet here that is for sure. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment