Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On the Road Home

Mississippi River
Mississippi River

Windmills in Adair, Iowa


Windmills in Adair



Floodplain of Mississippi




I couldn't write last night because the motel we stayed at did not have internet service. We had a great day of driving another 500 or so miles to Montpelier, Ohio. We stopped here because I was once again worn out. We passed all of the windmills as we drove out of Iowa and this time, I got pictures. It is a great project that will save the town Adair some money. The pics are above. The second group is the Mississippi River which I loved. I would really like to take a cruise down the Mississippi on one of those paddle boats. I think that would be awesome. The scientist in me would love to study the Mississippi and why the Army Corps of engineers wants to keep changing the direction of the river. We also got to see where it flooded the plain, a few years ago. That river is just hugh!!!
The hotel Econo Lodge where we are staying has no hair dryer, no internet and no clock/radio. It is the strangest thing. I have never been to a motel that did not have a clock. We decided to go eat at this restaurant called Four Seasons Family Restaurant. We get out of the car and are walking towards the door when I hear this crash, I turn around and there is my dad on the ground. He tripped over the concrete parking barrier. He hit his head on the wall and his knee was really skinned. He is alright, thank God. I got ice and some band aids because his head was bleeding. I thought he cut it but he just really skinned it. He was a little embarrassed but we managed to eat and I kept a check on his head for swelling but all was well.

One more day of travel and then it is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment